About the series
From the frozen Arctic to steamy rainforests, from tiny islands in vast oceans to parched deserts, people have found remarkable ways to adapt and survive in the harshest environments imaginable.
We’ve done this by harnessing our immense courage and ingenuity; learning to live with and utilise the other creatures that share these wild places. Human Planet weaves together eighty stories, many never told before on television, set to a globally-influenced soundtrack by award-winning composer Nitin Sawhney. Each episode focuses on a particular habitat and reveals how its people have created astonishing solutions in the face of extreme adversity. Finally we visit the urban jungle, where most of us now live, and discover why the connection between humanity and nature in our cities is the most vital of all.
The eight-part series includes:
- Episode 1 - Life in the Deep Freeze
- Episode 2 - The Roots of Power
- Episode 3 - Life in the Furnace
- Episode 4 - Life in Thin air
- Episode 5 - Into the Blue
- Episode 6 - People of the Trees
- Episode 7 - Friend and Foe
- Episode 8 - Surviving the Urban Jungle