By entering this activity (the “Prize Draw”) you (the “Participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Please refer to the end of this page for the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth Privacy Notice.
- Promoter: BBC Studios Distribution Limited, 1 Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane, London W12 7FA.
- This Prize Draw is open to UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Employees of the Promoter, it’s licensee MoonEyeProductions B.V. (and its licensees) or any of their group companies, or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Prize Draw are not eligible to enter.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
Prize Draw Period
- The Prize Draw period will open at 10AM (GMT) on Friday 7th July 2023 and close at 5PM (GMT) on the Sunday 23rd July 2023 (the “Prize Draw Period”).
- During the Prize Draw Period, participants will be able to enter the Prize Draw on the dates and during the times set out below:
Westfield White City, 1081 Ariel Way, London W12 7GF
Date & Time:
7th July: 10AM - 9PM
8th July: 10AM – 9PM
9th July: 12PM – 6PM
Kings Cross Station, Euston Rd, London N1 9AL
Date & Time:
15th July: 9AM – 7PM
The Oracle Reading, Riverside Rd, Reading RG1 2AG
Date & Time:
22nd July: 9AM – 7PM
23rd July: 11AM – 5PM
- There are a number of prizes to win in the Prize Draw (each a “Prize” and together the “Prizes”). Prizes include:
60x Adult Tickets to the BBC Earth Experience
300x 20% off codes which shall be valid against one (1) full-price Adult Ticket) for the BBC Earth Experience
- There is no cash alternative, and the Prizes are non-transferable and may not be substituted by the winners for any other prize or product. The Promoter may substitute a Prize of equal or greater value for any Prize. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prizes not specifically included/ stated (including but not limited to transport to the BBC Earth Experience, spending money, any food or drink, or personal expenses).
- The Prizes must be used to book tickets to the BBC Earth Experience by 31st December 2023. No alternative dates will be available and tickets are subject to availability.
- Prizes will be supplied via email in the form of a unique code. To use the Prize, winning participants must visit the Ticketmaster website for the BBC Earth Experience and after having selected the date, the code should be entered into the “Enter Offer Code” box before selecting an entry time. If there are any issues using the Prize, Ticketmaster should be contacted directly.
- To enter the Prize Draw, participants must follow the on-screen instructions at the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth at one of the scheduled locations – Westfield White City, Kings Cross Station, or The Oracle Reading.
- Participants must follow the instructions and take a photo or GIF using the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth. Participants must provide their details (first name, last name and email address) as well as agreeing to these Terms and Conditions in order to submit their information and enter the Prize Draw.
- Participants must enter their own email address when using the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth.
- Only one (1) entry will be permitted per person and bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple simultaneous entries) will not be permitted and will be disqualified. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- By using the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth, participants agree that nothing in their photo or GIF shall be defamatory, obscene, indecent, pornographic, sexually explicit, harassing, threatening or offensive, incites racial, cultural or religious hatred, impersonates or appears to impersonate any other person, is in contempt of court, violates any law or regulation or encourages conduct that would amount to a criminal offence (including without limitation any conduct that would be considered an offence under the Terrorism Act 2006) or give rise to a civil liability and/or is otherwise objectionable and/or an infringement of any UK or other applicable law or regulation.
- When using the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth, participants must follow any reasonable instructions of the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth ambassadors.
- In the event that a Participant does not promptly receive their photo or GIF uploaded at a Location, please visit bbcearth.com/bbc-earth-experience-ar-giveaway and enter the email address used to initially upload the photo or gif. If a Participant does not receive an email after the Prize Draw Period informing them of the outcome of the Prize Draw, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- There is a strict limit of one (1) prize per Participant in the Prize Draw. The Promoter cannot be responsible for late or corrupted entries or for incorrect email addresses.
- The winners will be chosen at random from all eligible entries submitted during the Prize Draw Period. Winners will be notified after the end of the Prize Draw Period by email.
Privacy and Data Protection
- Participant’s personal information (name, contact details and photo or GIF taken using the Interactive Photo Booth) will be used by the Promoter for the purposes of providing the Participant with their photo or GIF and operating the Prize Draw.
- Details of winners together with the location of the Interactive Photo Booth where they entered the Prize Draw may be obtained by emailing email@example.com within 3 (three) months after the end of the Prize Draw Period.
- Participant’s photo or GIF shall be stored by the Promoter and available for downloading by the Participant using the link in the email for 30 (thirty) days from the date the Participant entered the Prize Draw. After such period, the Promoter shall destroy the photo or GIF in line with the Promoter’s retention policy and the Participant shall no longer have access to the photo or GIF via the link in the email.
- Where the Participant has provided their consent, the Promotor may send marketing messages on a regular basis. The Participant may unsubscribe from these at any time.
- Other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions the details and information provided by the Participant when entering the Prize Draw or claiming a Prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- The Participant’s personal information will be retained for as long as is necessary for the purposes described above. For more information, see the Promoter’s BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth Privacy Notice below.
- Each Prize code (whether for a ticket or 20% off a ticket) is only redeemable against one (1) full-price Adult Ticket and cannot be used in conjunction with other discounts.
- By entering into the Prize Draw you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Any promotional activity or press release any winner makes in relation to the Prize Draw must be pre-approved by the Promoter in writing.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Prize Draw whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, acting reasonably and in accordance with all relevant legislation and codes of practice, to vary the Terms and Conditions of this Prize Draw or to cancel, alter or amend the Prize Draw or the Prizes at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Promoter will not be responsible or liable for: (a) any failure to receive entries due to transmission failures and other conditions beyond its reasonable control; (b) any late, lost, misrouted, or damaged transmissions or entries; (c) any computer, hardware or software issues or failures or communications related malfunctions or failures; (d) any disruptions, losses or damages caused by events beyond the control of the Promoter; or (e) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Prize Draw.
- The Promoter excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the Participant arising from the Participant’s entry into the Prize Draw or occurring to the winners arising from their acceptance of a Prize.
- This Prize Draw is governed by English law.
- The BBC Earth Experience is operated by MoonEyeProductions B.V. under licence from the Promoter. Entrance into the BBC Earth Experience is subject to the venue’s ticket terms and conditions and entrance times. No refunds, or exchanges, will be issued on tickets already purchased for the BBC Earth Experience.
BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth Privacy Notice
This notice describes how BBC Studios Distribution (“BBCSD”) collects and uses personal information about you during and after your relationship with us, in accordance with data protection law.
We will collect and process information such as your name, contact details and the photo or gif of you which you create using the BBC Earth Experience Interactive Photo Booth. We will use your information to provide you with access to your content, to administer the prize draw and to contact you about your entry. If you choose to receive our newsletter, we will also use your details to communicate with you.
BBCSD processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests as a media organisation to engage audiences, or with your consent. We protect your information in many different ways. These include staff training, investing in technology and following strict handling and storing procedures.
We may share your information with our contracted third parties who provide business services to us, such as IT platforms. We will not otherwise share your personal information unless required by law.
Data protection law gives you certain rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of processing, and to object to processing. If you wish to exercise these rights, or you have any questions about how BBCSD handles your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.bbc.co.uk/privacy
If you raise a complaint with BBCSD about the way it has handled your personal data and you are dissatisfied with the response, you are entitled to raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/