Terms and Conditions:
- The BBC Code of Conduct (the “Code”) for competitions can be found at https://www.bbc.com/editorialguidelines/guidance/code-of-conduct and all BBC Studios Distribution Limited (“BBCSD”) promotions comply with the Code.
- The Prize Draw opens on 15th December 2022 and closes at 11.59pm on 29th December 2022 (the “Closing Date”).
- The Prize Draw is open to all residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of BBCSD, Penguin Random House, their subsidiaries, agencies, members of their families and anyone professionally associated with the Prize Draw (“Entrants”).
- By entering the Prize Draw, the Entrants agree:
a) to be bound by these Terms and Conditions;
b) that their surname and county of residence may be released if they win a prize;
c) that should they win the Prize Draw, their name and likeness may be used by BBCSD for pre-arranged promotional purposes.
- No purchase is necessary to enter.
- After the Closing Date, 5 (five) winners will be selected based on the criteria set out in clause 11.
- Entrants can enter the Prize Draw online by accessing https://www.bbcearth.com/news/win-your-very-own-frozen-planet-ii-coffee-table-book and submitting their full name and email address prior to the Closing Date. Emails or other forms of entry will not be accepted and entries received after the Closing Date of the Prize Draw, or incomplete entries, will not be eligible. Internet access is required to enter.
- Only 1 (one) entry will be permitted per person and bulk entries (meaning the use of any form of technology which allows multiple simultaneous entries) will not be permitted. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical or other reason. Entries received after the Closing Date will not be considered.
- The winning entrant(s) will be the first 5 (five) entries drawn at random from eligible entries after the Closing Date.
- Where you have provided consent, BBCSD may send you marketing messages on a regular basis. You may unsubscribe from these at any time.
- The prize will be 1 (one) of 5 (five) BBC Earth Frozen Planet II Books (co-authored by Mark Brownlow and Elizabeth White) provided by Penguin Random House (the “Prize”).
- The winners will be notified by 11:59pm on the 27th January 2023 by email. If the winners are unable to be contacted within 1 (one) calendar month of the Closing Date of the Prize Draw, BBCSD reserves the right to offer the Prize to another randomly chosen Entrant, or to re-offer the Prize in any future BBCSD competition or prize draw.
- On successful contact and confirmation with the winners Penguin Random House will send the prizes to the winners to a designated address, by post or courier. Penguin Random House and BBCSD will not be liable for any disruption, delay, strike action or incorrect delivery by any postal or courier service or if incorrect details are provided.
- There is no cash alternative and the Prize will not be transferable. The Prize must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred. If a Prize must be taken on a specific date and the winner is unable to attend on that day, BBCSD reserves the right to offer the Prize to another randomly chosen Entrant or to re-offer the Prize in any future BBCSD promotion. BBCSD accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the Prize and not specifically included/stated. If any Prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, BBCSD reserves the right to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value.
- The surname and county of residence of the winners may be obtained by emailing email@example.com two months after the Closing Date of the Prize Draw.
- Any promotional activity or press release any winner makes in relation to the Prize Draw must be pre-approved by BBCSD in writing.
- BBCSD excludes liability to the full extent permitted by law for any loss, damage or injury occurring to the participant arising from his or her entry into the Prize Draw or occurring to the winner(s) arising from his or her acceptance of a Prize. Claims relating to the Prize should be made directly to the manufacturer.
- Entry into the Prize Draw is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- BBCSD reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or to cancel, alter or amend the Prize Draw or the Prize at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.
- The Prize Draw is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Promoter: BBC Studios Distribution Limited, Television Centre, 101 Wood Lane, London W12 7FA.